if you are not the SYSDBA, nor the owner:
you  must use a correct username and the corresponding password.
you can not change the privileges

if you are the owner:
you can change privileges using "Grant..." (see FB documentation)

if you are the SYSDBA:
you can even create new users

If  you  *are*  SYSDBA  and still have no luck, the original master of
that database might have locked out future/foreign SYSDBAs.

If  all  this  is  not  the  case  and you are indeed the one-and-only
SYSDBA,  check  if  you  used  capital  letters  for  logging into the
connection.
If  you  use  "sysdba"  instead  of "SYSDBA" you will not get an error
message,  but  will  be  assigned the privileges of "PUBLIC" (1.5.2, I
don't know if it is still the same today)

> I'm still a newby with firebird

> After creating an ODBC-link between a firebird db and Access I
> linked the Firebird tables to an access-application.
> When I try to open a table I get the message: [ODBC Firebird
> Driver][Firebird]no permission for read/select access to column.......(#-551)

> I have got this message on each table I'll try to open.

> How can I set the rights to read these files????

> Met vriendelike groet,

> Peter Stalpers

> Systeem/Netwerkbeheer TweeSteden ziekenhuis / Stafmedewerker
> Informatisering Ziekenhuis Apotheek Midden-Brabant
> Tel. + 31 (0) 13 46 55 692
> pstalp...@tsz.nl

> ============================
> De informatie verzonden met dit e-mailbericht (en bijlagen) is
> uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n) en zij die van de
> geadresseerde(n) toestemming hebben dit bericht te lezen. Gebruik
> door anderen dan geadresseerde(n) is verboden. De informatie in dit
> e-mailbericht (en bijlagen) kan vertrouwelijk van aard zijn en kan
> binnen het bereik vallen van een geheimhoudingsplicht. Het
> TweeSteden ziekenhuis is niet aansprakelijk voor schade ten gevolge
> van het gebruik van elektronische middelen van communicatie,
> daaronder begrepen - maar niet beperkt tot - schade ten gevolge van
> niet aflevering of vertraging bij de aflevering van elektronische
> berichten, onderschepping of manipulatie van elektronische berichten
> door derden of door programmatuur/apparatuur gebruikt voor
> elektronische communicatie en overbrenging van virussen en andere
> kwaadaardige programmatuur.

mit freundlichen Grüßen,

André Knappstein
EDV und Controlling
beta Eigenheim- und Grundstücksverwertungsgesellschaft mbH
Hafenweg 4
59192 Bergkamen-Rünthe

Telefon: +49 2389 9240 140
Telefax: +49 2389 9240 150
e-mail:  knappst...@beta-eigenheim.de

Amtsgericht Hamm Nr. B 420
Geschäftsführer: Achim Krähling, Dirk Salewski und Matthias Steinhaus

USt-IDNr.: DE 125215402