For those who archive CDs to single FLAC files with CUE sheets, I have
written an audio player that plays this format combination. It is
intended to be a simple, lightweight player with a few features that I
found useful, including:

- It can read CUE sheets as either external text files, or embedded in
the FLAC file. You can either embed the full CUE sheet containing
metadata (you can specify the custom tagname you use) or as a FLAC
CUESHEET, and store the metadata as separate tags.
- It can display album art, either with external image files, or
embedded in the FLAC file.
- It is customizable. Settings are stored in simple ini files.
- It is cross-platform. I test it on Linux and Windows (feedback from
mac users is welcome).
- It is relatively lightweight and fast.

There are several limitations:
- No playlists. It is designed for people who rip entire albums to
single FLAC files with CUE sheets to store the metadata, and it works
kind of like a cd player, where you load a single album at a time.
- No other audio/metadata formats are supported. This format combination
is what I use, and CUE sheets are a format for which there are few
software player options, so that is what I was interested in pursuing.
- It is in an early beta stage of development, although it seems
relatively stable to me.
- The user interface is very lo-fi (ie., ugly).

It is intentionally limited in scope, and is not likely to have millions
of features any time soon. If you'd like to test it out, I'd be happy to
get some bug reports. You can download either the source, or a Windows
binary installer, at http://audioplayer51.org

--
Chris