Thanks for the tips.

I think unchecking that box is the best way to handle this, but the other
options presented are useful for working around these issues.

My main worry seems to be incompatibilities with people who may write code
using the box checked, which it is by default. It seems that this checkbox
forks all AS3 code into two exclusive camps. I hope I make the right choice.
:(