I apologize if this appears as a cross posting, I tried to post in flexcoders but have not seen it yet. Maybe it is still getting approved.

My issue pertains to both flex and flash CS4.

I have created a course player in flex that loads flash cs4 swf files using swfloader.

This swfloader is set to scale the content. The player can be sized depending on a control setting(800x600, 1024x768,..)

The Flash CS4 swf files are created at 800x600 and scale appropriately to larger sizes within the flex player EXCEPT for a page that has a combobox embedded in it.

When this combobox page is viewed at 1024x768, everything looks fine and the swf content appears to have been scaled appropriately on the page but when I select the combobox the dropdown menu list has not scaled properly. Playing inside the flex swfloader the dropdown menu list remains at the 800x600 size and appears to be 2/3 of the total width of the combobox. See image below:

combobox problem illustrated

If the swf file is made full screen outside the flex based player, the dropdown menu list scales properly and expands to 100% of width of the combobox. See image below

combobox dropdown looks good

When I look at the combobox width and dropdownWidth using De MonsterDebugger when the Flash CS4 swf page is playing within the swfloader, the values of both are set to 330. If I increase the dropdownWidth to 500, the width of the dropdown list expands to the full width and a smidgen more but the font stays small. It is almost like the dropdown list is not being refreshed/scaled when the content is being scaled.

Any hints or recommendations on how to get the combobox list to resize appropriately within swfloader would be greatly appreciated. Is there a new actionscript 3 combobox method which I need to define to make this happen?

Margo

Noto Bene - my flash 8 swf file with a combobox loads in the swfloader and scales beautifully. Not a solution since we are upgrading our content to flash cs4 actionscript 3.

--
Margo Powell
Applications Analyst