Hi Erwan,
Could you include your configuration again?
" grep -v -e ^\# -v -e ^$ /etc/flexbackup.conf  "
will give us just your active configuration.

What output do you get from: " mt status " ?

Are you using version 1.2.1 of flexbackup?

OK - take compression and the tape out of your next test.
Make a directory /tmp/FlexTest,
set these options and run flexbackup again.

$compress = 'false';
$device = '/tmp/FlexTest/';

Now "  flexbackup -test-tape-drive " will say,
'No use trying tape drive tests on directories!',
but it will tell you if the rest of your syntax is correct.

If you get no errors, run it again without compression but with the tape:
$compress = 'false';
$device = '/dev/nst0';

Please answer the list rather than me personally,
so that others may benefit and offer further advice.

Good luck,
Niall

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Niall.
> Yes, I've already tried all this feature.
>  For the compression to I've already tried bzip, gzip, hardware and so on.
> My impression is the next one.
> After each
> flexbackup-test-tape-drive
> It send me
>
> Comparing...
> directory /etc/flexbackup.conf and /tmp/test2.10734 are différents
>
> FAILURE! Problem with tape driver or parameters.  Please see the FAQ
> or try changing the $blksize, $pad_blocks, or $mt_blksize settings.
>
> SO I've tried to see what is talking about this /tmp/test.
> I modified the script and  I copy them into a directory
>  and when i open it it was just the /usr/bin/flexbackup.
> SO no idea but I continue.
> Thanks a lot for your help

#    The information transmitted in this Notice is intended only for        #
#    the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain          #
#    confidential and/or privileged material.                               #
#    Any review, reproduction, retransmission, dissemination or other use   #
#    of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by      #
#    persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   #

# Niall Brosnan                           # Tel: +353-87-2337386            #
# Communication Systems Consultants       # Fax: +353-1-4926806             #
# Athronan, Dunsany, Co. Meath, Ireland   # mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] #
# GPG key fingerprint = 597C 0514 95B9 48DD 216F B892 5B51 D257 0D44 5B01   #

Un*x: Because cat is faster than a mouse.