RE Niall

After erasing, i'll give you all infos  about each questions you asked to me.

What output do you get from: " mt status "?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] local]# mt -f /dev/st0 status

SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=0, block number=0, partition=0.
Tape block size 4096 bytes. Density code 0x47( TR-5).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on( 41010000):
 BOT ONLINE IM_REP_EN

Are you using version 1.2.1 of flexbackup?

Yes

OK - take compression and the tape out of your next test.

Make a directory /tmp/FlexTest,

set these options and run flexbackup again.

$compress = 'false';

$device = '/tmp/FlexTest/';

Now " flexbackup -test-tape-drive " will say, 'No use trying tape drive tests on directories!', but it will tell you if the rest of your syntax is correct.

Say nothing so syntax ok

If you get no errors, run it again withoutc ompression but with the tape:

$compress = 'false';

$device = '/dev/nst0';

[EMAIL PROTECTED] flextest]# flexbackup -test-tape-drive -compress=false -device=st0

flexbackup version 1.2.1 (http://flexbackup.sourceforge.net)
/etc/flexbackup.conf syntax OK

|------------------------------------------------------------
|------------------------------------------------------------
|------------------------------------------------------------
|------------------------------------------------------------
| Rewinding & erasing tape...
| Creating index key 200506071610
|------------------------------------------------------------
At block 0.

Writing test file #1

Kilobytes Out 160

At block 0.

Writing test file #2
Kilobytes Out 10
At block 0.
Writing test file #3
Kilobytes Out 160
At block0 .

Rewinding...
Skipping index label...
At block 0.

Reading test file #1
Kilobytes Out 160
At block 0.
Reading test file #2
Kilobytes Out 160
At block0 .
Reading test file #3
Kilobytes Out 160
At block 0.

Comparing...
Les fichiers /etc/flexbackup.conf et /tmp/test2.3734 sont différents.

FAILURE! Problem with tape driver orp arameters.  Please see the FAQ
or try changing the $blksize, $pad_blocks, or $mt_blksize settings.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] flextest]# flexbackup -test-tape-drive -compress=false -device=nst0

flexbackup version 1.2.1
/etc/flexbackup.conf syntax OK

Errors:
 $device must be set to a directory, a local device, or a remote device

Please answer the list rather than me personally, so that others may benefit and offer further advice.

Good luck,

Niall

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Niall.

> Yes, I've already tried all this feature.

> For the compression to I've already tried bzip, gzip, hardware and so on.

> My impression is the next one.

> After each

> flexbackup-test-tape-drive

> It send me

> Comparing...

> directory /etc/flexbackup.conf and /tmp/test2.10734 are différents

> FAILURE! Problem with tape driver or parameters. Please see the FAQ

> or try changing the $blksize, $pad_blocks, or $mt_blksize settings.

> SO I've tried to see what is talking about this /tmp/test.

> I modified the script and I copy them into a directory and when i

> open it it was just the /usr/bin/flexbackup.

> SO no idea but I continue.

> Thanks a lot for your help

# The information transmitted in this Notice is intended only for #

# the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain #

# confidential and/or privileged material.#

# Any review, reproduction, retransmission,d issemination or other use #

# of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by #

# persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. #

# Niall Brosnan # Tel: +353-87-2337386 #

# Communication Systems Consultants # Fax:+ 353-1-4926806 #

# Athronan, Dunsany, Co. Meath, Ireland # mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] #

# GPG key fingerprint = 597C 0514 95B9 48DD 216F B892 5B51 D257 0D44 5B01 #

Un*x: Because cat is faster than a mouse.