Thanks a lot. It does indeed build fine. I notice on the Flexbackup site it
is -5 and yours is -6. I am guessing that something was tweaked between
them.

________________________________________
Chip Burke
Innova Partners
1177 Olentangy River Rd.
Columbus, OH 43212-3117

Voice:  614-384-7446
Fax: 614-384-7453
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
________________________________________


-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Matter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 1:03 PM
 Cc: flexbackup-help@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: FW: [flexbackup-help] Buffer won't build

>
> It is RPM version 4.4.1 on Fedora Core 4 (2.6.12) i686/P4
>
> So it looks like the license is taken care of, however now I am getting
> this
> error:
>
> + make 'CFLAGS=-O2 -g -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -m32

My src rpm builds fine on FC-4. Find it here
http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/buffer/

Regards,
Simon

> -march=i386 -mtune=pentium4 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -Wall -s'
> gcc -O2 -g -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -m32 -march=i386
> -mtune=pentium4 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -Wall -s   -c -o buffer.o
> buffer.c
> buffer.c:135: error: conflicting types for 'shmat'
> /usr/include/sys/shm.h:58: error: previous declaration of 'shmat' was here
> buffer.c: In function 'do_size':
> buffer.c:926: warning: ignoring return value of 'sscanf', declared with
> attribute warn_unused_result
> make: *** [buffer.o] Error 1
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.18318 (%build)
>
>
> RPM build errors:
>     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.18318 (%build)
>
>
> I really appreciate your help as this is the exact type of software I
> need.
> AMANDA is indeed too much and dump is too cumbersome to use effectively.
> Thanks!
> ________________________________________
> Chip Burke
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Charlie
> Brady
> Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 11:25 AM
> To: Chip Burke
> Cc: flexbackup-help@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [flexbackup-help] Buffer won't build
>
>
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Chip Burke wrote:
>
>> I m trying to compile buffer from the src RPM, and I keep getting:
>>
>> rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/buffer.spec
>>
>> error: Legacy syntax is unsupported: copyright
>>
>> error: line 5: Unknown tag: Copyright: GPL
>
> Do rpm -iv ....src.rpm, then edit /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/buffer.spec, and
> change:
>
> Copyright: GPL
>
> to
>
> License: GPL
>
> Then do:
>
> rpm -bb /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/buffer.spec
>
> BTW, what platform are you building on? And what version of rpm do you
> have (rpm --version)?
>
> --
> Charlie
>
> A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.
> Q: Why should i start my reply below the quoted text?
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration Strategies
> from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
> informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
> speed, fast. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7477&alloc_id=16492&op=click
> _______________________________________________
> flexbackup-help mailing list
> flexbackup-help@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/flexbackup-help
>
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration Strategies
> from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
> informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
> speed, fast. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idt77&alloc_id492&op┬┐ick
> _______________________________________________
> flexbackup-help mailing list
> flexbackup-help@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/flexbackup-help
>
>





-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration Strategies
from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
speed, fast. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idt77&alloc_id492&op=click
_______________________________________________
flexbackup-help mailing list
flexbackup-help@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/flexbackup-help

Reply via email to