Andrew I. Schein wrote:
> I am running the command using sudo on Ubuntu 8.04.  However, this is
> some kind of special file/directory that even root can't rename (use
> mv command) or "chmod u+w".  It has zero bytes, unlike a symbolic
> links or ordinary directories.
>
> If I try to "rm -rf" it, there is a "Device or resource busy" message.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Andy

You might want to use ls -lO to see if any special chflags have been set
to prevent the deletion of the files or directory.  From man ls(1):

  -O      Include the file flags in a long (-l) output.  the chflags(1)
options show up as - or + signs.

I'm using FreeBSD but, I think, Ubuntu supports the same ls(1) options.