-----Original Message-----

It is actively maintained in several distributions. I am kind one of the
(proxy)_ maintainers for Gentoo Linux. I have recently followed the sourceforce
process to get commit access to "abandoned" projects and hope to apply the
fixes that have been developed, clise the bugs that I can. It may take me
another month or two but, if your distribution has the package, what youy
install from the distribution will be much more up to date than what's on
sourceforge.

Regards,
John