The calculateDropIndex method in Tree will tell you the index of the dropped node and then you can lookup the id of the node at that location to update your database.

If you  need more information then that (ie: the parent node of the drop, whether you’re dropping into an empty folder, etc), look at the updateDropData method in Tree to see how that information is calculated. Currently in Flex 2, updateDropData and the data object carrying all that relevant information (dropData) are private. In the next release of Flex, dropData will be public so all the relevant drop information will be accessible.

HTH –

deepa

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jesús Iglesias
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 10:36 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] where to drop on tree

Hi again,

Thanks to you I have found that, on drag and drop with trees, data comes on treeItems. :)

Now i have one more problem. What I'm trying to do is a tree where you can move elements from one node to another and dispatch an event to upgrade database, so I need to know the new node where you drop the item (dataprovider is xml) and update databse with the ID of this node.

I alsa need to update the order of this item y the node, one of the main features of the aplicacion is to order items on a node.

I don't know where to begin, I do drag and drop fine and get "treeItems" moved, but I don't know how to get the info I need.

Thanks again,

Jesus