From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of akila_ksri
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10:48 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Memory leak caused by Image and String objects

I have an application that makes use of 3 to 4 'Image' objects and
quite a few labels. The memory grows enormously when an Image.load()
occurs even though I have only one instance of the Image object at a
time. (I need to execute the load() method since the image needs to be
loaded dynamically).

When run with the flex profiler, I observed that 'String' objects are
consuming lot of memory and hence causing memory leaks. This results
in the application crashing after running continuously for couple of
hours in IE 7.

Would really appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions on how to
reduce the memory leak and improve performance.