Regarding the freeze... its called DPC or Delayed Procedure Call. Most likely one or more sound devices are not set to the same sampling rate as the others. The fix is easy (if its caused by sound devices sampling), just set all the audio devices, including VAC, speakers, audio in, line in, line out, audio out, microphones, etc. to 48000 Hz. If all your devices can't support the 48000 Hz sampling rate, then set them individually to the highest EVEN sub-multiple or multiple (IE. 8000, 16000, 24000, 48000, 96000, etc.) N0 44100 Hz sampling rates, which is the most likely cause of DPCs.
73 ES DX,
Gary - AB9M
On 3/3/2016 11:16 PM, Mark Lunday wrote:
Patrick you are describing my scenario EXACTLY!  Anyone else able to assist?

Mark Lunday, WD4ELG
Greensboro, NC  FM06be
wd4...@arrl.net
http://wd4elg.blogspot.com

-----Original Message-----
From: FlexRadio [mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of
Patrick Greenlee
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 8:17 AM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] OK, I broke something

Mark, my 5K is on a 3 year old tower 'puter I custom built for SDR use.
It can keep up with the radio while simultaneously doing one or two software
installs with one or more anti-malware scans plus me surfing the web doing
searches but... Every once in a while at random when doing nothing but the
radio in receive mode with me not touching a thing the
2.7.2 session freezes.  Click stop and start and all is good for several
seconds to months.  I can't reproduce the problem at will and can't
correlate the problem to any settings or actions but since on average it
only happens at long intervals (months) I just click stop/start and try not
to worry about it. Later when I try to set up for remote ops this could be a
real problem as I didn't want to have to run something like Team Viewer so
as to be able to do the stop/start routine. Meanwhile, when siting at the
radio I can "burp" it and be back running in a second or two.

Good luck to you.  If you figure it out or get any good suggestions from
other sources than here please share them here.

Patrick        NJ5G