Hi all

My Flex-3000 has developed an RF output power problem.

After transmitting with full drive (Drive = 100) for a couple of minutes in a CW QSO the RF output drops back from more than 100W to around 70W. This occurs on all bands and whether transmitting into a dummy load or a matched antenna. The RF output comes right again after stopping the transmission for several minutes. The reported temperature is usually between 40 deg and 50 deg when the problem occurs, and the DC voltage is stable at around 13.5V. The fan setting in PSDR is set to 40 deg and the fans seem to run up to speed OK. The problem does not occur when running QRP (5W) in digital modes.

I have placed a ticket with Flex but thought I would also raise the issue in this forum in case others have come across it and found a solution.

73, Brian VK3MI