All,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 03:59:45PM +0000, Jason Cooper wrote:
> We recently installed my Dad's 6500 in my rack.  He's able to remote in
> fine using openvpn bridging.  After fixing packet de-fragmentation
> timeouts (good job, Windows.  :-/), we're now working on remotely
> turning the radio on and off.

We've also now connected from a Windows 10 VM running inside VMware on a
Macbook Air.  For the archives, we had choppy audio when the VM was
assigned only a single core.  Upping it to three cores resolved the
choppy audio.  I suspect this has to do with thread scheduling and
priorities.

> So, I have an embedded Linux board (Openblocks A6) that sports 8 gpios
> on an external IDC header.

Also for the archives, the latest version of the Linux kernel (v4.7)
needs a patch in order to access those gpio pins from userspace.  I've
submitted the patch here:

  https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20160815145104.14135-1-ja...@lakedaemon.net

So it should make it in for v4.8 or, if it's not considered a critical
fix, v4.9.

thx,

Jason.