... is now in.

There are plenty if places where something is marked with an OSGFIXME
comment. At least these places need to be fixed at some time.

For everybody willing to help:
feel free to provide patches/fixes/improvements/cleanups.

I think that we should make use in the longer term of the Producers
capabilities for multiple view installations.
But not only multipipe installs will benefit from that. The Producer will also
help to get benefit from multicore SMP machines.
For that the following article is of huge interrest:
http://www.donburns.net/OSG/Articles/OSGMP/

Having read that, there is a guideline for writing code for use with that:
Do *not* modify the scenegraph from outside an update callback of any
scenegraph element.
Also do not read any application data in the cull or draw stage. Cull or draw
callbacks can be installed but they should not read anything from the rest of
the application except the scenegraph and they should not modify the
scenegraph structure.

happy hacking!

    Greetings

         Mathias