I'm about to purchase a used 8-way RS/6000. Coltish as I am I'd like to run
FlightGear on this machine. This won't work out as long as most of the
processing in FlightGear is done in a single thread because each of the
CPU's is not that fast.
As Curt is moving lots of code around to make FlightGear more versatile (I'm
amazed that the programm still works after all this shuffling  ;-)  I'd like
to ask if someone intends to subdivide the current tasks into different
threads in future !?
I know that threading inside an OpenGL context is considered to be a no-no,
but probably there are already several sub-tasks that could be separated.

Please don't consider this as a feature request, it's just me being curious.
Sincerely there are more urgent jobs to do - enabling flying below bridges
or through the Sutro tower, for instance  ;-))

Thanks,
        Martin.