Heads up:

After some discussion / observation, I am going to change the default shader
level for 2.10 (and probably next) to '1' instead of '3'

'3' is causing folks with underpowered hardware to die, and not realise there's
a setting they can tweak. I'd rather we make the default setting pessimistic,
since the GUI option is now simple and clear than to Stuart's work.

Please don't suggest fancy systems where we look at the GL driver/vendor
strings and guess a default shader level, I want a low-risk change for the
release branches :)

Comments / objections?

Regards,
James