Dear list,
in particular Stuart,

please let me 'officially' announce my project osm2city.py [1,2] here. This
python script takes OSM floor plans and generates 3D buildings for use with
flightgear. I'm planning to develop this into a procedural city generator which
would take a street network and then reasonably places (random) buildings. The
ultimate goal is (obviously) to improve FG's representation of cities.

It's at a rather early stage, and for the moment I prefer python for quick
prototyping. BUT, I know quite some C/C++, and compile from latest GIT sources
regularly.  In the future, I'm definately willing to move this into FG (in one
form or another).

Tom

[1] http://wiki.flightgear.org/Osm2city.py
[2] http://flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19625