Hi Everybody,
> Ralph Hoehn: Folding or rigid? :
FOLDING

> RH: Are you intending to assemble the frame before putting it into the
> skin then?
CW: No, I plan to assemble the frame inside the hull, since the cockpit
opening is so small (about 50 * 50 cm), and I don' t want to mess around with
Zippers etc.
RH: Polyester has the advantage of not shrinking and relaxing depending
> on ambient humidity. By the same token, it does not stretch much at all,
> which makes it difficult to make it conform to the frame ... heat
shrinking?
CW: Probably I' ll have to heat shrink the hull, but I hope to get along
without this step. I plan to place a closed cell foam matress between the
skin and the frame (serves as buffer for rock contact and as additional
emergency float to keep the boat on the water after leakage). I hope as well, that
the mat will compensate the non streching of the polyester.

> RH: Silicone will not have much abrasion resistance. Peter used Hypalon
> (undiluted). There are various rubber based roofing sealers, which may
> or may not be as durable as Hypalon, but seem to work well enough. Check
> the baidarka mailing list archives, there were some good threads on
> coating materials.
CW: How can I access the baidarka mailinglist archives?
 Thank You All for your very helpful input.
 Rock on, Christian