If you search in the baidarka archives for "Hendrix mixture" Hendrik Maroske
used "German "Pattex Transparent, thinned with Acetone". I think Toluene is
the main ingredient in this glue. Hendrik warns about pvc which may have an
added "protective impregnation of some sort over the PVC" which I assume,
will cause it not to stick.

I have successfully tested HH-66 Vinyl Cement. Made by
R-H Products Co, Inc.
Acton, Mass. 01720
(978) 897-8000

This contains Toluene, and Aceteone. It was purchased at an awning shop.
Unfortunately, the pvc that I have glued, has a layer of relatively thin pvc
over a thick core. The glue joints have held, while the laminates have
peeled off of the core material. So I'll use this glue, and continue looking
for a better pvc.

I assume any awning shop, regardless of what country will have an
appropriate glue.

Paul