L: Long Haul quoted me $ 1400 US for one of their skins.
R: That's a good price, I would certainly agree with Mike's notion in this
respect!! Mark Eckhart has a reputation for excellent work!!

L: Actually, all I need is the Hypalon hull, as my deck and the rubber Bow &
Stern fittings are still  VG.  In fact, I will be shopping around for some
hypalon locally.
R: Yeah, yeah, the great unfettered fascination with Hype-a-Lot ... ;-)

L: I would still appreciate a quote from POUCH.
R: Am chasing / reverting.

L: I am especially interested in PVC or one of the more modern materials, but
I am not set up to glue or heat weld these materials, so if I went PVC, I'd
need a complete skin [ hull & deck ]
R: Traditional use of PVC hull material does not differ from Hypalon: You
still sew the canvas (or whatever) deck to the hull. Check out Volker Born's
hull building description (http://www.PouchBoats.com/volker_born.html). He
did use Hypalon and he glued keel strips, but you could just as easily have
used PVC and glued or welded the strips. The welding is much easier than it
would seem (before you try it). I can get factory standard results with an
old Weller soldering iron (with the tip beaten thin and flat) and a wall
paper roller.

Ralph