On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Chris Warburton <chriswa...@googlemail.com
> wrote:

> In the case of an OS, providing a dumb box to draw on is much easier
> than a complete, complementary suite of MVC/Morphic/etc. components,
> even though developers are forced to implement their own incompatible
> integration layers, if they bother at all.
>

> This is why I'm not a fan of HTML5 canvas, since it's a dumb box which
> strips away the precious-little semantics the Web has, and restrict
> mashups to little more than putting existing boxes next to each other.

There is "worse is better", but there also is "less is more". From a
limited perspective, it may be difficult to tell the difference. We should
be careful to not mistake these. In this case, the other POV is that the
canvas is a humble box that doesn't arrogantly presume it knows better than
its users how to format a display. :)