I am developing an evolutionary simulation called Evoversum. An interesting
thing I noticed on multiple occasions while developing the program was the
fact that it tends to "debug itself". The simulated organisms, as a
consequence of the Darwinian evolution taking place, are very quick to
trigger all sorts of bugs, sometimes to their advantage, sometimes
triggering undefined behavior, destroying their own world. So it seems
likely that this effect is applicable in other software domains, too.

PB