You're assuming that Q&A is a good way to discuss a topic in depth. Personally, I don't. (IMHO) Stack exchange is great for technical support, and quick research into questions - not so great for discussing topics in depth.

For the avowed purpose of "influenc(ing) and foster(ing) interest, in the development of new programming languages" I kind of think of "ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems."

For "learn(ing) more about the subject or hav(ing) their doubts elucidated" I think of a good textbook.

For interactive discussion - I personally find blog format (essay + responses & discussion) to work quite well (coupled with a good search function).

Again - just one man's opinion.

Julian Leviston wrote:
Nope...

If you go here:
http://stackoverflow.com

...you'll notice that there's a clear heading saying "top questions", and it's very clear that there are questions and answers under that. Particularly the "Ask Question" button on its own. The structure, design and layout of the site informs the purpose very clearly.

Contrast this with the freeform wiki nature of LTU which doesn't really have a layout...

Julian.

http://www.getcontented.com.au/ - You Need *GetContented *-**Make Websites, Not War!