For anybody interested in this sort of site: I while ago I found myself
asking for something "more frequently updated and less-demanding of a math
degree" than LtU, but without all the "silicon valley VC navelgazing" of
HN. A friend pointed me to https://lobste.rs/ which so far seems to have a
nice balance.

Cheers,
-Josh