Being lazy, I'm asking here before actually looking around. Can anyone recommend programs that create [OT]TF fonts from BDF fonts?

I have Taro MURAOKA's bdf2ttf (http://www.kaoriya.net/dist/bdf2ttf-2.0.tar.bz2), but seem to recall that someone on one of the Freetype lists might have also written one; I just can't find the relevant message in my email archive.

The next generation of the http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/xmbdfed.html editor, *gbdfed* (not available yet), uses the GTK+ toolkit, so it can be compiled and run on Windows as well as various species of Unix/Linux. I had a request to add the ability to create pixel fonts for use with Flash and web pages. So the plan is to let the user specify a set of strikes to be made into an OTF font.

P.S. Now is a good time to get in your requests for any other features to be included in gbdfed.

P.P.S. I'm also looking for volunteers to compile and test *gbdfed* on Windows.