On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 21:45, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> In connection with that I wonder which of your patches you've sent to
> the list shall go into FreeType.
I rather think none. The more I looked into it the more changes I needed
to make to the bdf loader to avoid losing information, and eventually I
decided that freetype wasn't the right place for all that junk. It would
cumber the library with a bunch of junk only useful for font2sfnt

> BTW, have we finally decided that such fonts have the extension .otb?
> This might be worthwhile to mention in the FreeType docs and to add to
> the demo programs.
I was told so when I implemented them in fontforge. But I wasn't in the
initial discussions so I'm not the best source.