*** From [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Tomasz Iwanowski)

Open Letter to NEC Corporation

La Voz de Aztlan
Los Angeles, California
June 19, 2002

Koji Nishigaki
President
NEC Corporation
7-1, Shiba 5-chome, Minato-ku
Tokyo 108-8001, Japan

Dear Mr. Koji Nishigaki:

Today at 12:54:07 a.m. (PST), we received an
extremely rude, unprofessional and obnoxious
anti-Mexican e-mail from a  Vice President of one of
your subsidiaries in the United States.  This
person's name is Rick Lovisolo and he is based at NEC
Solutions America, Inc. with headquarters in
Sacramento, California.  We do not know this
individual. His message to us, attached below along
with its headers, is both repulsive and xenophobic.
We hope his letter is not representative of your
entire corporation.

Your Vice President, Rick Lovisolo, is apparently not
busy enough performing his assigned duties for your
corporation since the e-mail was sent during working
hours. He also must be surfing the web in his office
since his message is referring to our website. In
addition, he is abusing your corporate computer
resources to send obnoxious insults to ethnic
minorities in the United States. His return address
on the e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED] Necsam.com
is one of your corporate domain names. Rick Lovisolo
is featured in your website at
http://www.necsam.com/lovisolo.html

We do not understand why a high level corporate
executive in a corporation that did $43 billion in
sales last year should target La Voz de Aztlan, a
small independent news and information service. Mr.
Nishigaki, in your message published in your 2001
Annual Report, you mentioned that NEC is
"Encouraging employees to 'Shine as individuals'".
We ask you sir, is Rick Lovisolo "shinning as an
individual" when he is sending unsolicited e-mails
from your corporation  and calling the staff of our
publication, La Voz de Aztlan, "pigs".

As Mexican-Americans, we are extremely insulted. We
know that you also do business in Mexico, and these
sort of xenophobic insults against an entire people
and nation can do nothing but hurt your business.  We
hope that Rick Lovisolo is just a small aberration
within your corporation.

Mr. Koji Nishigaki, we are asking for an immediate
apology and whatever other remedies you may deem
proper.

Respectfully,

Hector Carreon
Publisher
La Voz de Aztlan

cc: Norio Tanoue, President
NEC Solutions America, Inc.

-----------------------
Letter from NEC Vice President Rick Lovisolo
to La Voz de Aztlan

 You Sir(s) are rascist pigs. I find your politics
 and your attutude equally offensive. If you so
 despise this country, the same one that allows you
 the freedom to spout such vile hatred, then by all
 means please exercise the freedom to leave it.

I also invite you to show solidarity with your
palastinian brethren by going there and joining the
legions of homicide bombers.

Pigs,

Rick Lovisolo
Sacramento, CA

-------------------
Headers of Letter from Rick Lovisolo of NEC
Corporation

From: "Lovisolo, Rick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
"'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date: Wed, 19
Jun 2002 12:54:33 -0700 Subject: Pigs Return-Path:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Received: from
mail.serve.com ([207.8.152.224]) by killdeer
(EarthLink SMTP Server) with ESMTP id 17kLoPuY3NZFlr0
for <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Wed, 19 Jun 2002
12:45:50 -0700 (PDT) Received: by mail.serve.com
(Postfix) id 783763946A6; Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:45:47
-0400 (EDT) Received: from saffron.neccsd.com
(unknown [157.123.101.19]) by mail.serve.com (Postfix)
with ESMTP id 5E0E83945DF for <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Wed,
19 Jun 2002 15:45:46 -0400 (EDT) Received: from
nectexchbh01.nectech.com (nectexchbh01.nectech.com
[128.191.140.17]) by saffron.neccsd.com (2.0 Build
2119 (Berkeley 8.8.4)/8.8.4) with ESMTP id MAA17372
for <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:46:35
-0700 Received: by ca28xch.nectech.com with Internet
Mail Service (5.5.2653.19) id <MH2Z1JX5>; Wed, 19 Jun
2002 12:54:07 -0700 Message-ID:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(5.5.2653.19) Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"