The GNOME Foundation can offer travel sponsorship to individuals who
want to attend LAS GNOME and need financial assistance.

We are happy to announce that the Travel Committee is ready to receive
applications for sponsorships to attend LAS GNOME 2016.

Application deadline: Please send in your applications now.

I would also like to take this opportunity to encourage, and
especially soon-to-be-sponsored attendees, to volunteer during LAS GNOME.

The instructions for sponsorship applications are at
https://wiki.gnome.org/Travel

If you need a visa invitation letter, please also read:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Travel/Invitations

Some additional comments:
* If you are offered help with accommodation, the Travel Committee
will book your accommodation. You should state that you need
accommodation, and leave the cost blank.
* Look for the most economical reasonable option (i.e. through a
service like kayak.com). If we find a cheaper price, that will be the
cost considered during the evaluation and you will make a kitten sad
because you didn't do your research properly.
* Any information you send to the Travel Committee will be private.
* Asking for sponsorship *does not* guarantee that you will be sponsored.
* A good application with good information will be processed faster.
* No personal emails. Keep travel-committee CCed on all of your
replies. Neglecting to do this will delay your application.
* How to get to Portland: http://las.gnome.org/travel/
* The Travel committee should confirm that we have received your
application within 2-3 days. After that, we will process them
together. Regardless of whether your application is accepted or
rejected, you will always receive a response.

You can find the travel committee in the #travel channel at irc.gnome.org.