= Foundation Board Minutes for Monday, August 23th 2016, ??:00 UTC =

Next meeting date Tuesday, August 30th, 17:00 UTC

Wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20160823

== Attending ==

 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Meg Ford
 * Allan Day
 * Nuritzi Sanchez
 * Alexandre Franke
 * Jim Hall

== Regrets ==

  * Cosimo Cecchi

== Missing ==

 * Shaun McCance

== Agenda for 2016-08-23 ==

 * Invoicing for LAS GNOME (Nuritzi)
 * Code of Conduct proposal (Allan)
 * Flatpak store (Allan)

== Deferred to next meeting ==

 * Outgoing board members probably need to be removed from mailing list,
the wiki, etc
 * From the mailing list - "support my volunteer program" (Allan)
 * From the mailing list - "[GANDI] gnome.tw expires in 30 days" (Allan)
 * From the mailing list - Jim's message about fundraising ideas. (Allan)
 * Privacy funds - we have some ideas now. What's next? (Allan)
  * Long list of proposals:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/PrivacyCampaign2013/
  * Notes from the GUADEC session:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/PrivacyCampaign2013/20160814
 * Do we want to register gnome.blog? (Suggested by Andreas)
 * Google Play account (see ongoing actions) (Allan)
  * Michael has responded on the mailing list -
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/private/board-list/2016-August/msg00074.html
. Are we OK with this?
 * Is Kat on board@ - yes, she is on board@ but should not be on board-only
 * Do we need to send another Bitcoin response? (Nuritzi)

=== Ongoing ===

'''The following section is part of the Agenda and includes items which
have seen updates in the last 30 days.  Items which have been updated more
than 30 days ago are listed under the "Ongoing but stalled" section.'''

 * Owncloud shared calendar for the board

== Minutes ==

 * Invoicing for LAS GNOME (Nuritzi)
   * No objection from directors, proceed

 * Code of Conduct proposal (Allan)
   * email sent to the list last week
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/private/board-list/2016-August/msg00082.html
   * touchy subject, we want to avoid bikeshedding but we still want to
involve the community
   * board has until end of week to give feedback
   * VOTE: charge the working group of proposing a code of conduct
following the process detailed in the mail
     +1 Nuritzi, Jim, Meg, Alexandre, Allan.
     Unanimous, vote passed.

 * Flatpak store (Allan)
   * discussion kind of spawned from the advisory board meeting
   * there's a missing piece for now, if you look for flatpaks of software
   * who's going to be responsible for this central place?
   * flatpak is bigger than GNOME, but we can act as incubator. Eventually
we want this to have this done by an outside entity
   * Legal issues with distributing software, we need to start
investigating.

== Ongoing ==

'''This section includes items which have seen an update in the last 30
days. Format is "YYYY-MM-DD, action|discussion|abstract" for this and
subsequent minutes sections'''

 * Meeting agendas and minutes
  * 2016-08-10
   * ACTION: Allan to gather a list of every recurring events
   * ACTION: Cosimo to document the new pad/agenda process on
https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoardPrivate/Minutes/UpcomingAgenda, since
that is out of date at the moment

 * Owncloud shared calendar for the board
  * 2016-05-23, ACTION: Allan will try if it's functional enough for us to
use it now
  * 2016-06-06, Allan's tried it and reminders don't seem to work. Needs to
follow up.
  * 2016-06-20, Since it works for Andrea, but not for Allan, help would be
welcome from someone else for testing.
  * 2016-08-10
   * Cosimo tested creating an event, but with mixed results
   * ACTION: Cosimo to take it on from here

 * ED search update
  * 2016-08-10, The search is still ongoing

 * Google Play account
  * 2015-12-01, ACTION: Alexandre to follow up with the Release Team about
this
  * 2015-12-08, Alexandre mailed the Release Team today, still waiting for
an answer.
  * 2015-12-15 to 2016-01-19, No updates.
  * 2016-02-02, Release team did not come to an agreement/conclusion.
Unclear what next steps should be
  * 2016-08-10, ACTION: Allan to send out feelers to d-d-l and talk to r-t
in person at GUADEC to get the ball rolling again

 * Status of logo copyright
  * 2015-12-01, ACTION: Shaun to send out email to d-d-l with proposal
  * 2015-12-08 to 2016-01-19, No updates.
  * 2016-02-02, Shaun will try to pick it up this week
  * 2016-08-10, ACTION: Shaun will send a proposal to license the asset
with dual LGPLv3/CC-BY-SA-4.0 (similar to adwaita-icon-theme)

 * Bitcoins donations data
  * Tobi is the only person with access to the Bitcoin donations data
  * 2016-02-23, ACTION: Alexandre to get in touch with him about this
  * 2016-03-01, Account is on BitPay using frie...@gnome.org
  * 2016-08-10, Shut down the account, since we can't report those as
donations. Bitcoin does not allow to trace the sender, which is required to
report the donations to the IRS
   * VOTE: +1 Shaun, Meg, Allan, Nuritzi, Cosimo. -1 Alexandre
   * VOTE PASSED
   * ACTION: Rosanna to shut down the account
   * ACTION: Allan to remove the option from our website

 * Conference sponsorships
  * 2016-08-10
   * Previous action items were completed
   * ACTION: Kat to make sure that a sponsorship brochure with all
conference, levels, combinations and perks is available for the Board to
review

 * Friends of GNOME
  * 2016-04-11, ACTION: Alexandre to request more information about the
donation data from the European donations system (Wau Holland Stiftung
Foundation)
  * 2016-08-10
   * ACTION: Allan to get in touch with Tobi and the sysadmin team to
migrate the FoG infrastructure over to GNOME
   * ACTION: Meg volunteers to monitor the frie...@gnome.org account for
the time being

 * Google ad grant
  * 2016-08-10
   * ACTION: Shaun will pick this up again and try to register us into the
program when he's back in the US
   * The actual ad campaigns would probably need to be managed by the
Engagement/Marketing team
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to discuss with the Engagement Team and let the board
know if they want to start using Google ad

 * Sysadmin fundraising levels and perks (last discussion from 2016-01-05)
  * 2016-01-12, Awaiting for Andrea's reply
  * 2016-01-19
   * Andrea replied back to Jeff
   * Jeff to bring the item back during any of the upcoming meetings
  * 2016-02-23, Jeff un-assigned the action item from himself, no current
assignee
  * 2016-08-10, ACTION: Nuritzi to take on this project and figure out what
it entails

 * Web page for prior pants winners
  * 2016-08-10, ACTION: Shaun and Allan to add the web page

 * Privacy campaign funds
  * $20,000 raised in July 2013, original ideas listed
https://www.gnome.org/news/2013/07/gnome-raises-20000-to-enhance-security-and-privacy/
  * Other ideas here: https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Web/Development/Security
  * Previous previous plan was for Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules
for review
  * Previous plan was to hold a hackfest
  * 2016-08-10: New plan
    * ACTION: Cosimo to hold an unconference session during GUADEC to
generate a shortlist of ideas, with a view to contracting them out to a
consulting firm
    * VOTE: +1 Unanimous

 * Money raised for defense against Groupon
  * Kat to draft a call for Free Desktop-style hackfests which would be
sponsored with money raised for defence against Groupon

 * Standard code of conduct for GNOME annual events (so we don't have to
reinvent the wheel each year)
  * Cosimo to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of
the CoC to be finally considered final over all the GNOME yearly events
  * 2016-08-23:
   * Board voted to charge the Diversity working group of proposing a code
of conduct

=== Ongoing but stalled ===

'''This section includes items which haven't seen an update in the last 30
days.'''

=== Ongoing but no director assigned ===

'''This section includes items which haven't seen an update in the last 30
days and have no Director assigned'''

== Nice to have ==

'''This section includes items which we would love to see happen at some
point but lack the time to effectively become reality'''

 * Contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
  * Kat to draft this

 * Privacy policy for GNOME services
  * Current draft is at https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/Privacy
  * Sysadmin Team's NDA should also be covered when dealing with this item
  * Kat or Allan to write up the policy
  * Kat or Allan to write up recommended wording for distribution privacy
policies, regarding the behaviour of GNOME software

 * Photography policy for GNOME conferences
  * Proposal needs to be drafted and sent to foundation list for discussion
  * Should probably be addressed at the same time as a standardised code of
conduct