My apology if I sent the below email to the wrong list. I'm not sure to
which list I should send it? therefore I'm forwarding it to this one.
Again, sorry if this is the wrong one.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ali/amjjawad <amjja...@gnome.org>
Date: Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 12:08 AM
Subject: ToriOS with GNOME for E-Learning Project
To: GNOME Foundation <board-l...@gnome.org>

Hi everyone,

Since 2011 until now, I've been heavily involved and super active with
several FOSS projects like:

   - Ubuntu
   - Lubuntu
   - LXDE
   - Ubuntu GNOME
   - StartUbuntu
   - ToriOS
   - and some more

Since last year, I've become extremely interested in E-Learning. I've done
many online sessions on different topics. However, I've been using
platforms such as Google Hangout and YouTube, beside the social media.

ToriOS, is one of my projects. It's a GNU/Linux Distribution:

http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=torios

Long story short, I'd like to build/create a NEW spin for ToriOS featuring
GNOME as its DE instead of JWM. The main purpose is: I need a dedicated
FULL Feature platform for my E-Learning project/idea.

I am thinking to use GNOME because:

   - I'm a member of GNOME foundation.
   - I do find it very powerful for such purpose.
   - I do need a solid foundation and GNOME is the best.

I think Debain + GNOME would be a great combination.

My one and only problem is: I have no developer(s) who is free or have time
to work on this project. ToriOS has a team but it's very small and all of
them are very busy with real-life.

I'm sending this email to this list to ask for help and support.

If there is anyone who wishes to work on this idea, please let me know.

ToriOS is on version 1.0 at the moment. We're working on the next version
which is either 1.3 or 1.5 but nothing yet is ready.

I don't want to ask the current team to do anything extra. I'm simply
looking for a new team who could possibly start working on the new spin for
the E-Learning project that I have in mind.

I know ToriOS is about KISS (Keep It Simple and Short) but it's also about
Freedom and I see no reason why not to use GNOME to serve a different
purpose? there will be 2 different versions or spins, each has its own
reason to exist. The path of one should not affect the path of the other.

Now, I know such project will need time and resources. I am aware of that.
I want to get started and build it slowly but surely.

One of the purposes ToriOS GNOME Spin will serve is the EduTech E-Learning.
And so much more.

It would be a great chance for students to learn even more by playing with
a system that is designed to teach them and give them access to so many
e-learning lessons.

If you have any questions, please ask :-)

Many thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>