= Foundation Board Minutes for Tue, June 6th 2017, 17:00 UTC =

Next meeting date Tue, June 13th 2017, 17:00 UTC

Wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20170606

Call URL: https://bluejeans.com/6361797715

== Attending ==

 * Alexandre Franke
 * Allan Day
 * Neil McGovern
 * Cosimo Cecchi
 * Nuritzi Sanchez
 * Rosanna Yuen

== Regrets ==

 * Meg Ford
 * Jim Hall
 * Shaun McCance

== Missing ==

== Agenda for 2017-06-06 ==

 * Web page for prior pants winners
 * Timeline for new board transition
 * GUADEC 2018 bids
 * Questions about Hackfest process
 * Review ongoing items

== Minutes ==

 * Web page for prior pants winners
  * Where would the information go to?
   * On the website eventually, but in the meantime we'd use the wiki to
collect the information that's missing
   * We have a page in the FoundationBoard public section with previous
directors, could go in a similar location
  * What is the purpose?
   * To have it as historical records, to whoever presents the pants
awards, or e.g. an annual report
   * Use it as an option to do some marketing work, have a nice and
positive community showcase
  * ACTION: Nuritzi to ask Shaun for a download of the information he has
already collected
  * ACTION: Alexandre to suggest a suitable location to put the information
and share it with the board

 * Timeline for new board transition
  * Results will be announced this coming Monday 12th, then confirmed next
Monday 19th
  * The new board will be in effect after that, and until the GUADEC
meeting both groups of officers can attend meetings and calls
  * When do we start inviting incoming board members to the calls?
   * Historically we did the handover at GUADEC, but sounds helpful to have
a time during which board members overlap
   * The new officers do take over at the AGM according to the bylaws, so
that sounds like a reasonable time for the handover
  * First meeting with new board on call: Tuesday June 20th, but no voting
powers until the in-person meeting at GUADEC, where new officers are elected
   * The meetings will be recommended to attend for the newly-elected
members, but we will still hold meetings according to the schedule of the
present board

 * GUADEC 2018 bids
  * Is there anything that we need to discuss about this before GUADEC?
  * In the interest of making sure to be able to announce a decision at
GUADEC, we are looking to get bidfing team presentations before hand
   * We could invite them to our a meeting the week of the 26th, give a 30
min slot to each team; we'd include the newly elected board members too
   * In the meantime board members should review the proposals and prepare
a list of questions if required
  * ACTION: Allan and Nuritzi to organize this

 * Questions about Hackfest process
  * Nuritzi has some questions:
https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/notes_for_hackfests_page_update_2017
  * Conversation is tabled for now, we will get back to this next week

== Ongoing ==

'''This section includes items which have seen an update in the last 30
days. Format is "YYYY-MM-DD, action|discussion|abstract" for this and
subsequent minutes sections'''

 * GUADEC 2018 bid presentations
  * 2017-06-06
   * The Board would now like to move the presentations to a call, to be
able to announce a decision during GUADEC
   * ACTION: Allan and Nuritzi to organize a call the week of June 26th

 * Foundation support for Flathub
  * 2017-05-09
   * The Board voted to try and use some of our pro-bono counsel time
towards the Flathub legal framework, provided our lawyers agree
   * ACTION: Neil to connect to Luis
  * 2017-05-16 - Exact questions to ask Luis are being worked up
  * 2017-06-06 - Questions sent to Luis, being looked at.

 * Hackfest process documentation
  * 2017-02-14
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to take a stab at updating the documentation for the
process to request a hackfest and responsibilities between Board and TC
  * 2017-05-02
   * Nuritzi will work on this by end of May, check in then

 * Dropping dates in copyright claims on our websites
  * 2016-12-06
   * ACTION: Alexandre to send an email to foundation-list with a proposal
for discussion
  * 2016-12-20
   * Next step seems to be to reach out to Creative Commons to get advice
on what exactly can and should be done
  * 2017-01-24
   * Alexandre reached out to Creative commons
  * 2017-02-28
   * Alexandre will try alternative channels
  * 2017-05-02
   * We got a reply, Alexandre to follow up
  * 2017-05-30
   * Two options
    * Have terms of use on the website that state that linking to a page is
sufficient attribution
    * Require contributors to assign their attribution to the GNOME
Foundation

 * Privacy campaign funds
  * 2016-09-27
   * Draft is out for the Board to review and give feedback
   * ACTION: Cosimo to try and form a committee to review internship
proposals
  * 2016-10-26
   * We are aiming for an internship round in spring 2017

=== Ongoing but stalled ===

'''This section includes items which haven't seen an update in the last 30
days.'''

 * Owncloud shared calendar for the board
  * 2016-08-10
   * Cosimo tested creating an event, but with mixed results
   * ACTION: Cosimo to take it on from here
  * 2016-09-06 - Allan has started a list of reoccuring events on the wiki
- https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoardPrivate/Minutes/UpcomingAgenda
  * 2017-03-07
   * Neil is looking into a similar calendar so will take over

 * Paypal Giving Fund
  * Alexandre suggested in december 2015 to get us enrolled in the program
   * That would give us exposure. For example Humble bundle allows to
direct the charity part of purchases towards any of their participants
  * Zana tried to get us in sometime before may 2016, we never heard back.
  * 2016-09-06
   * ACTION: Zana to look into it

 * Sysadmin fundraising levels and perks
  * 2016-08-10, ACTION: Nuritzi to take on this project and figure out what
it entails
  * 2017-05-09
   * We can talk about this item at GUADEC

 * Web page for prior pants winners
  * 2016-08-10, ACTION: Shaun and Allan to add the web page
  * 2017-03-07
   * Only missing the winner for one year, 2005
   * We can crowdsource the details and refinement of the bios/photos/etc
  * 2017-06-06
   * We are trying to expedite this before next GUADEC
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to ask Shaun for a download of the information he has
already collected
   * ACTION: Alexandre to suggest a suitable location to put the
information and share it with the board

 * Friends of GNOME
  * 2016-08-10
   * ACTION: Allan to get in touch with Tobi and the sysadmin team to
migrate the FoG infrastructure over to GNOME
  * 2017-03-07
   * Allan will pass this on to Neil, and connect him to Tobi
  * 2017-04-18 - Neil has CRM working (ish) on the gnome website, we're
looking at how to move the PayPal IPN to CiviCRM

=== Ongoing but no director assigned ===

'''This section includes items which haven't seen an update in the last 30
days and have no Director assigned'''

== Nice to have ==

'''This section includes items which we would love to see happen at some
point but lack the time to effectively become reality'''

 * Contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
  * Kat to draft this
  * Alexandre took over

 * Privacy policy for GNOME services
  * Current draft is at https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/Privacy
  * Sysadmin Team's NDA should also be covered when dealing with this item
  * Kat or Allan to write up the policy
  * Kat or Allan to write up recommended wording for distribution privacy
policies, regarding the behaviour of GNOME software

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

== Completed actions ==

 * 2017 Elections
  * Deadline for announcing a candidacy is June 24th
  * 2017-05-16
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to send out a reminder to candidates that they should
be planning to arrive at GUADEC two days earlier
  * 2017-05-23: Nuritzi has sent the mail
  * 2017-05-30: What happens if someone doesn’t reach the threshold?