Alfred wrote on Mon, 21 Nov 2016:

So, as far as I understand correctly, if a fpc abc.o file is presented towards the linker, it replaces the extension with tbd and goes looking for abc.tbd.
I checked: if I add a dummy abc.tbd in the same location, all goes well.

That why I patched the search-process. But this very rude patch only took care of .o files.
I forgot about the .or files.

I would strongly recommend you try to get in touch with a developer of that project and ask him, because this kind of hacking is bound to lead to only more problems in the future. And questions about things where we have to blindly guess how your hacks and a third party packaging of some Apple tools interact. We can only support the official Apple tools.

Jonas