On 14/04/2017 11:25, Werner Pamler wrote:
Does anybody know how to write mathematical expressions in the wiki? I would like to write an article on fpc's NumLib, but I would only want to begin this activity when I know how to enter complex mathematical formulas like integrals etc such that they are displayed decently.

MediaWiki requires a math rendering extension, such as:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Math
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SimpleMathJax

FPC/Lazarus wiki has no math rendering extensions installed, as you can see here:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Special:Version

Installing Math extension is a bit of a pain because it usually requires a local rendering engine to be installed on the server.

I think you have 2 options:
1) Write your formulates using the wiki's standard notation <math>LaTeX</math>, and once a Math extension is installed (if ever), your formulas will be automatically rendered. 2) Generate visual rendering of your LaTeX formulates yourself, for example using http://latex2png.com/, and upload them as images with associated LaTeX code in comments.

Denis