On Mon, 1 May 2017, Nikolai Zhubr wrote:

Hello all,

I'm having some trouble to get BacktraceStrFunc to find line numbers.
This is with fpc 3.0.0 on linux x86_64 (Centos 7 if it matters).
If I compile the following example with

#fpc -gl tt.pas

I only get this output:

Started...
Exception:   $0000000000455540
Done.

Evidently line info is somehow not present here.
Am I doing smth wrong or maybe lineinfo is not yet implemented for x86_64?

No, but the units that we distribute do not have debug information included.
So if the error is in the RTL, then there is no debug information.

If I run your program with a RTL compiled with debug info, I get:

home: >./st
Started...
Exception:   $000000000046F571  CHECKINDEX,  line 56 of
../objpas/classes/lists.inc
Done.