Sent: Monday, 19 October 2015 14:24
To: fpc-other@lists.freepascal.org
Subject: [fpc-other] ESCAPE: Environment for the Simulation of Computer Architectures for the Purpose of Education

Hi,

In the 90s, a professor and a PhD student at our department developed
a simulator for pipelined and microprogrammed architectures (based on
the Hennessy and Patterson DLX architecture), in Delphi. We've used it
since then every year in the lab sessions for our computer
architecuture classes. In 2010, I ported the program to FPC and
Lazarus and we use it compiled for Linux/Qt in a VM nowadays. I did
not have any Lazarus experience when I started that port (and I'm
still far from an expert), but the process still went fairly smooth.

I recently asked for and got permission to publish the source code
under the GPLv3, so here it is: https://github.com/jmaebe/ESCAPE

Jonas