On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 22:25:26 -0300, Andreas
<andreasberger....@gmail.com> wrote:

>The company I work for will be realizing an embedded project using
>Orange PI. I can use any tool I want, but the project will be on a
>Orange PI (A very small chance of Raspberry PI). Does any one have FPC
>running on Orange PI? If so would you be willing to help me get set up?
>I am totally unpracticed in Linux, but am sure I can get into it.

I have not used the Orange Pi, but reading the site www.orangepi.org
it seems to be a clone of the Raspberry Pi and it also seems like
there are 9 different models of it.
So in order to come further:
Which exact model are you thinking of using?

I have used FPC/Lazarus on a range of Raspberry Pi models now on RPi3B
and it has worked just fine. One has to install carefully from the
command line to get the proper versions, but I have written a script
to do just that. It works on the Raspbian operating system (a Debian
version) and basically does all you need to get the stuff on board.
However, it uses a starting fpc compiler built for the RPi3B, which is
downloaded from my site (since I could not find a suitable compiler
only download). This may or may not work on an Orange Pi device...

Warning:
On their site's download page are listed a number of instances of
Raspbian, but these are not the current Raspbian versions.
The ones I found are from 2015-06-06, 2016-11-08, 2016-11-12 and
2016-11-16.
So it seems likely they are tweaked versions of the "real" Raspbian,
which might cause concerns down the line.

Why not go with the original Raspberry Pi instead?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden