On 07/03/17 19:30, nore...@z505.com wrote:
On 02/03/2017 23:54, Paul Robinson wrote:> >> There are five similar
"Altoids tin-sized" single board processors>> I'm aware of.>> >> The
Raspberry Pi , The Orange Pi, The Banana Pi, The ODROID, and the>>
ASUS Tinkerboard. The Tinkerboard is sometimes referred to as the>>
Maker Board.
There are also more open source based ones like BeagleBone.
There is also the $9 "chip" computer
Not sure if these count as altoids, never heard that before :-)

American brand :-) http://hackaday.com/2017/02/15/piminimint-altoids-rpi-zero-computer/

Beagle bone is more expensive, but more open sourced

Particularly notable due to a couple of DSP-like processors which make it good for high-speed stuff. However unlike the main processor I believe these have to be programmed in assembler.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk