Hi,

On 10/3/2017 18:08, Travis Siegel wrote:
There are dynamic dns services that can solve this problem for you. Some of them are even supported directly by some routers, so you might want to check your router configuration, and see if it has built-in support for any of the dynamic dns services, and use that one, so you don't have to do anything at all, just set your dns to point to the dynamic dns servers, and the ips will change automatically when your ip does. I've used a couple such services in the past, and they've all worked fairly well. I can't use one now, because somehow, my isp blocks incoming traffic to server ports, regardless of what I set them to. <shrug> Might save you a whole lot of work and likely to be cheaper than a vpn as well.

don't know for Graeme but running a VPS was the result of my decision to run my own mail and dns server for my domain . The problem running these services ( mainly for mail ) on a dynamic dns connection is the lack of rDNS .

So, with a cost of ~120€/year I've a Debian Server with ISPConfig running DNS, MAIL, WEB, FTP, etc . Succesfully run a GOGS ( go git service ), ISPConfig supported DynDNS and more, leaving my home office connection free for other uses .

regards,

--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis