On 2017-05-22 23:11, nore...@z505.com wrote:
What happens if you use the SVN bridge that allows you to run svn
commands to a git server?

Maybe your wording is confusing, or SVN has abilities I didn't know of. I know Git can manage SVN repositories, but I didn't know it was possible other way round (I doubt it is possible).

I often use Git to manage SubVersion repositories I don’t have control over. For everything else I’ve moved over to Git years ago.

Local working copy issues Florian described would be an issue with this
bridge, or not an issue?

As with any new applications or technologies, there is always some learning curve (big or small). There are tons of bad habits ingrained in SVN users. Those do not translate well to Git (thank goodness). Git works fundamentally different to SVN (for the better). So you need a change in mindset - some refuse, hence they struggle with Git. And then wrongly blame Git for it. I fear this is most likely what happened with Florian.

There are also 100’s of different work-flows for when you work with Git repositories. I’ve introduced Git into many companies. In every case I look at how they work, suggest an already existing work-flow as a starting point (*), and then tweak it to their needs. In they end they get exactly what they want, and without fail all of my customers said they should have made the switch years ago.

* - My all time favourite git work-flow is:

    It works very will for small and large teams. Supports big or small
    features. Allows for long-term support releases as well as quick
    bug-fix releases.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/