> On 2017-05-25 19:47, Nikolay Nikolov wrote:
> So what is Florian going on about regarding workflow and Git not being able
> to cope in a "compiler" based project? He made it out as if FPC will not be
> workable in a Git managed environment. I don't see his analogy. The Linux
> Kernel running on more platforms than FPC does, is just as complex a beast,
> if not more - considering that the Linux Kernel probably has 10's of
> millions of lines of code, 2000+ contributors. The same could be said for
> the KDE and Qt framework. The latter runs on just about every platform out
> there, as multiple rendering engines, font engines, theme engines, layout
> engines etc.

The workflow of the Linux kernel would simply not be acceptable for us
with them having this hierarchy of maintainers with Linus at the top
and doing all the final merging. If at all an approach like Qt uses
with automatic continous integration of pull requests committed by
core devs or forwarded by them from non-core devs would be the way to
go for us - if at all.

Regards,
Sven