De : fpc-other <fpc-other-boun...@lists.freepascal.org> de la part de Paul
Breneman <paul2...@brenemanlabs.com>
Envoyé : dimanche 28 mai 2017 23:46
À : fpc-other@lists.freepascal.org
Objet : Re: [fpc-other] Using ideU for beginners

On 05/28/2017 09:14 AM, Paul Breneman wrote:
> I got a little started: http://wiki.freepascal.org/ideU
>
> Probably should add additional pages for:
> A) Example of use (polYdev, translating fpc applications into Java
> applications with text that started this message thread)
> B) How to start (for beginners per
> www.controlpascal.com/tutorial.htm<http://www.controlpascal.com/tutorial.htm>

> *after* start with mini distributions)
> - first step (install complete fpc, compile & run a console program like
> *Hello World*, introduce debugging?)
> - second step (install fpGUI, compile & run Control Terminal)
>
> How simple can we make this?

I think that before creating more new pages for beginners that I should
do what I mentioned a few days ago.  I'm still a beginner myself!  :)

 From the new wiki page: http://wiki.freepascal.org/ideU

To see ideU in operation (in translating fpc applications into Java
applications) watch this 6 MB video:
https://sites.google.com/site/designerext/fpc_java.mp4 and follow these
instructions:
http://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-pascal/2017-April/050711.html

I'll try to figure out how to do things first on my 64-bit Xubuntu 16.04
for a console program.  After that is clear it should be easier to try
the same thing on Android?

Hello Paul.

It should be possible because, in fact, fpGUI applications is also a console
program.

For a console program a terminal emulator is needed, like Jon Foster explained
in that topic :
http://free-pascal-general.1045716.n5.nabble.com/fpc-code-for-Java-class-and-Android-td5728166.html

--->

The only thing that console apps need is a terminal emulator. A bunch of
ways that can happen and it depends on whether this is to be provided
through the Android market or not. If not things are much easier. Terminal
emulators abound you can pretty much just pick one.

--->

OK.

Now the challenge is to create a Java class and find the code that will:

--> re-direct the result of main-method of your
console-app-transformed-into-Java-library into that emulated-terminal.

So, maybe, the trick could be done with Android too (if there is a
Android-terminal-emulator).

Other ideas are welcome.

Fre;D