Am 29.03.2012 10:13, schrieb LacaK:
Reinier Olislagers wrote / napĂ­sal(a):
On 28-3-2012 12:22, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

On 28-3-2012 11:36, Sven Barth wrote:

Am 28.03.2012 11:12, schrieb Reinier Olislagers:

On 28-3-2012 11:04, Sven Barth wrote:

(b) Maybe nobody needed it yet. I myself might be the first one at all
who wanted to interface with Oracle on Windows directly without ODBC. ;)

<snip>

Maybe it was only really tested on Linux...

Mmm... could be...

Thanks Sven, if I get no other answers I think I'll propose a patch that
builds Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL and Sybase on Win64...

On second thoughs: I don't have any need to have these components on x64
Windows and have other priorities (e.g. I'd prefer seeing a working
dbtestframework on Win64 so Firebird embedded etc can get properly
tested), so I think I'll pass on that patch for now.

I still do not understand, why not include (for example new
mssqlconnector) with Win64 build?
I do not have Win64 machine so I can not test, but I expect, that there
is no problem complile FreeTDS/db-lib for Win64 so if only reason for
excluding package from Win64 is "missing client library", then this
reason is not valid.

I agree here.

Can anybody explain please why some sql-db connections are presented on
Win64 and some not?

Perhaps because either nobody verified that they work there or because nobody had expressed enough interest to have them enabled there.

Regards,
Sven