On Tue, January 3, 2017 6:10 pm, Snorkl e wrote:
> They might with a change of ownership, who knows these days,  but the
> fact they did use it in the past would not look good for any litigation
> from some bottom feeder.

The fact that they use FPC, means they likely reverse engineer FPC and
apply their own hacks to their own compiler for multiple targets based on
FPC engineering..

i.e. they don't even need to reverse engineer FPC, they just have to dip
their eyes into the source code... And woops, there comes the problem:
Delphi is likely stealing from FPC too as their eyes have seen what cannot
be undone... they've peered into the FPC source code guaranteed.. I bet.

i.e. when they decide to target multiple platforms they have a nice demo
to look into which already does it: fpc.

Now I am not trying to insinuate anything here, but "it goes both ways"

As Michael Van C. once said, why isn't Borland also practicing clean room?
who is to say, since their development model is closed source, that their
compiler has no violations in it, that rip from FPC?  With FPC the code is
open so you can tell. With delphi, it's closed development, so you cannot
peer into their compiler sources and check to see if there are violations.