On 14/01/17 20:00, Lars wrote:
On Fri, January 13, 2017 5:35 am, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
I've just come across
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=18998.0 which was
asking about a dialog(ue) editor for Turbo/Free Vision. The links it cites
are dead, but the author's page is still available at
http://web.archive.org/web/20151002202724/http://home.comcast.net/%7EJame
sMClark5/Pascal/index.htm and the content of DIALEDIT3b.zip appears to be
intact.

The author's page says that it's now GPL3. Does anybody know whether
there's a permanent repository for this anywhere, since we probably don't
want it to vanish utterly?

Interesting - the FPide does not use visual editor or make use of this for
its dialogs?

No connection at all, and I'd note that the fp IDE responds correctly to window resize signals while the FreeVision demo doesn't.

I'm not volunteering to do anything with this myself since I have rather
a lot of problems right now. I only investigated because I was trying to
salvage an antique Visual Basic for DOS manual which had been
water-damaged.

Shouldn't take too long to just upload one zip file to a github account
somewhere... if you have, or someone has

In any event, as intended this discussion has got Google pointing at the file on archive.org which is usually unindexed.

There's also this link but it's not the primary source and doesn't say explicitly that it's GPL http://www.eschecs.fr/fichiers/DIALEDIT3b.zip

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk