El 30/01/2017 a las 3:37, Ryan Joseph escribió:
I’m trying to hash a pointer value and found some example of hash function but
not sure about translations and the process in general.

Hello,

After addressing the ^ conversion showed by other people I have a question. Why you need to hash a pointer ? Hashing a value is interesting to reduce its compare time (taking collisions into account) and/or verify message integrity, and hashing a pointer does not meet none of this goals as it is process wide unique (no collisions) and its size is the fastest compare operation (most architectures).