07.02.2017 18:10, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
The getter/setter of a class-property must be "static" (Delphi
compatible).
If I understand "static" correctly, then "static" simply omits passing
the class as parameter. So a static class procedure is just a dumber
version of a normal class procedure.

What is the advantage of using "static" for class property accessors?
Aka: Why did Delphi choose static here?
Class properties has apperared together with class constants and class variables (which are static by their nature). They were introduced (as I understand) to give access to private/protected static elements.

--
Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.