On 22/02/17 21:00, James Richters wrote:
I suppose a virus scanner could access it, I didn't think of that.   I guess
I should have said no other program intentionally access the file.   It's
just a way for me to store some variables and get them back, it serves no
other purpose.

A virus scanner might disagree. .pax is a known type which might contain an archive hence a whole lot of nasty stuff, and it probably isn't wise to use it casually... call it .txt or use the standard .ini format.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk