On Wed, 12 Apr 2017, nore...@z505.com wrote:

On 2017-04-12 05:03, LacaK wrote:
Yes, example should be adjusted. Please report bug to not forget.
Thanks
-Laco.

It is not a bug, I just wanted to clarify the magic going on behind the scenes - which, is "ownership".

That's all I needed to know.

The key to seeing this trick/magic is in the Create function where you pass in the C (connection) as the owner.

But on my cell phone I didn't really see this, and, it's not always obvious.. hence my gripe.

In a way, this is a form of garbage collection or RAII sort of. And reduces the obnoxious free's required in non garbage collected programming languages... So it's a nice feature/trick to have ownership.

It's one of the reasons I descend most of my classes from TComponent;
the cleanup is then automatic...