On 13/04/17 10:00, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

My first problem is that there's a name clash between the Freevision and
LCL variants of some units. I appear to be able to use something like
uses Objects,   Views in
'/usr/local/lib/fpc/3.0.2/units/arm-linux/fv/views',   Dialogs in
'/usr/local/lib/fpc/3.0.2/units/arm-linux/fv/dialogs';
but is it possible to do something like setting up an alias for that
directory name which will track versions etc.? I'd prefer to not assume
that there's any predictable relative positioning of the source and unit
directories.

I've got something working after a fashion, but had to make a local copy of FreeVision with some changed unit names to avoid clashes with stuff from the LCL. I'd appreciate any insights on how to do the job properly.

My second problem is that the Pascal file generated by the dialogue
editor gives me something like
{ TBDTestBlockDeviceDialogue }
type    PTBDTestBlockDeviceDialogue = ^TTBDTestBlockDeviceDialogue;
TTBDTestBlockDeviceDialogue = object(TTestBlockDeviceDialogue)
constructor Init;    end;
and it's unclear where the TTestBlockDeviceDialogue type is defined.

I'm pretty sure that's a bug in the dialog editor.

If I can get this working I'm hoping to make the source available as a
demonstrator somewhere, so I'd very much appreciate suggestions which
would make this happen.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk